Wine Tour & Tasting in a Winery with Lunch in Messinia
Discover quality wines from 35-year-old vineyards!
A 3-hour wine tour experience of a winery in a small village of located 35 km (24 mi) and 30' from Kalamata, in Messinia region, in Peloponnese.
Passed down from father to son, this family-owned business has stayed true to tradition, with minimum intervention, to ensure quality grapes and wine. Cultivating Greek and European grape varieties, the winery produces some of the best local vintages you’ll have the chance to enjoy.
You’ll visit a family-owned winery located in a small village in Messinia region, just 35 km (20 mi) outside of Kalamata. The private vineyards occupy an area of around 15 acres and produce 5 varieties: Roditis, Carignan, Tempranillo, Merlot and Chardonnay.
The vineyards were first cultivated in the 1980s and wine production started in the mid-2010s.
- The wine tour and tasting experience is available all-year round, apart from Sundays, Greek official holidays and during grape harvesting.
- The grape-harvesting season varies from year to year, but usually takes place sometime between the end of August and the beginning of October.
The Wine experience
Join us for a 3-hour wine experience tour of a family winery in Messinia.
Part 1: Tour of the Vineyards
Enjoy a one hour stroll through the vineyards, weather permitting. The owners, Vasilis and Maria, will talk to you about the area’s microclimate and the 5 varieties of grapes grown onsite, some of them since the 1980s.
Uncover the secrets of Greek variety Roditis, French varieties Chardonnay and Merlot, and Spanish varieties Carignan and Tempranillo.
Part 2: Visit and tour of the Winery
During the tour of the winery, you’ll find out all about the wine-making process. Vasilis and Maria will take you through all the stages, from grape harvesting, to vinification and bottling.
Part 3: Wine Tasting experience
Enjoy the entire range of wines during a 1-hour wine tasting experience. You’ll get to taste 5-7 wine labels. The wine tasting may be paired with local products, such as cheese and cold cut platters, bruschettas with olive paste and Messinian sausages with orange, and lalagia (savoury looped ribbons of dough).
Part 4: Light or Full lunch (upon request)
If you wish to conclude your wine tasting experience with a delicious light or full lunch, full of Messinian flavours, in one of the most welcoming Coffee Shop-Cum-Ouzo Taverns in the heart of Kalamata’s historic centre, just let us know and we can arrange it for you!
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide a one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc.)
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.)
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 95,00€ / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people: 12. For more than 12 people please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the wine tour experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Wine tour & wine tasting of 5-7 wine labels
- Greek local delicacies during the wine tasting
- Local hosts throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Light or full lunch (upon request and at an extra small charge)
- Personal purchases from the winery (optional)
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The wine tour and tasting experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the Winery which is located 30' away from Kalamata city centre. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Light or full lunch may be provided in Kalamata city upon request and at an extra charge.
- Availability of the Wine tasting experience: Monday to Saturday, all-year round, excluding Sundays, Greek official holidays and during grape harvesting (end of August - beginning of October).
- On Sundays and during grape harvesting, depending on availability, the wine experience may be conducted in another winery in Messinia, located 20' away from Costa Navarino Resort. If you are interested, please contact us to check availability and provide you with a new price.
- The wine tasting experience in the specific winery close to Costa Navarino, may be enriched with a Cooking class or barbeque with Head chef upon request, depending on availability and at an extra cost.
- Meeting point & time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:30 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For bookings less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the Wine tasting experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless of cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners…Click here
blog comments powered by