Olive Oil Tour & Tasting with Lunch in Kalamata Messinia
An experience designed for olive oil and nature lovers who have a passion for olive oil, nature, tradition and traditional Greek gastronomy!
You will visit one of the most beautiful coastal cities of the Peloponnese: Kalamata, in Messinia region.
The olive oil tour and tasting experience is available Monday to Sunday all year round either in the mornings or in the afternoons. Official holidays are excluded.
The Olive oil Experience
If you want to get to know all about the unique features of olive oil or simply wonder what an olive-oil tasting seminar involves, this activity is right up your alley!
Part 1: Olive grove & Visit at an Olive oil Mill
Olive grove (available all year round)
You’ll walk through the perennial olive trees and experience a 30' relaxing stroll through an olive grove located just 10' away from Kalamata.
During your walk, you’ll get acquainted with different varieties of olive trees in all shapes and of all ages and learn the history of the olive tree and the olive oil from the Neolithic era until today!
Olive oil mill (depending on season & availability - From March to October)
You will learn all about the extraction process, from the olive grove to bottling and if it is the olive harvesting season, you’ll get to taste fresh and warm extra virgin olive oil, during our olive oil tasting!
Part 2: Olive Oil tasting experience
Along with our professional and certified olive oil expert, you’ll learn about the queen of Greek olive-oil varieties, Koroneiki, as well as other just as superb Greek olive oils.
You’ll discover their key aromas, flavours and tastes, and will learn which olive-oil variety to pair with your favourite food.
Part 3: Light or Full lunch (optional & upon request)
If you wish to conclude your olive oil tasting experience with a delicious light or full lunch, full of Messinian flavours, in one of the most welcoming Coffee Shop-Cum-Ouzo Taverns in the heart of Kalamata’s historic centre, just let us know and we can arrange it for you!
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide a one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat, as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc.)
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.)
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 60,00€ / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people: 10. For more than 10 people please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the Olive oil tasting experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Olive oil tasting with 3-4 Greek olive oil varieties
- Greek local delicacies / bottle of water
- Local host / certified olive oil taster throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Light or full lunch (upon request and at an extra charge)
- Personal purchases from local shops (optional)
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove and the olive oil mill which is located 10' away from Kalamata city centre. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability of the Olive oil tasting experience: All year round from Monday to Sunday, excluding official holidays. On Tuesday, Thursday, Friday afternoons after coordination.
- On Sundays the experience is available only from April - September either in the mornings or in the afternoons after coordination.
- Availability & visit at the Olive oil mill: March to October only from Monday to Friday. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and official holidays.
- Availability of the Olive grove tour: All year round.
- Meeting point & time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:30 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the Olive oil experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, no refund is given regardless the time but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners…Click here
blog comments powered by