Olive Oil Tour & Tasting with Lunch in an Olive grove in Messinia
Open up your senses, taste with your mind and soul, and feel the extra virgin olive oil!
A 3-hour olive oil tour and tasting experience that includes a visit at an Olive oil mill, a walk through an olive grove and an olive oil tasting workshop.
Join us for a 3-hour tour of the wonderful land of Messinia and its perennial olive trees.
You will visit an olive grove located in a small village 50km (31 mi) from Kalamata in Messinia region, Peloponnese, towards Pylos coastal town, just 10' away from Costa Navarino resort.
April - October, Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
October (includes olive harvesting).
The Olive oil experience
The Olive oil tour and tasting experience is the outcome of a local couple for olive oil, nature and the land of Messinia. Their dreams found a home in a small village in Messinia, in their olive grove and the flavour of extra virgin olive oil.
Nowadays, their mission is to introduce visitors to the wonderful world of olive oil and help them get a taste of Messinia.
Part 1: Arrival at the Olive oil mill
Olive oil mill (depending on season & availability - From March to October)
Visit a local Olive oil mill where you will learn all about the extraction process, from the olive grove to bottling and if it is the olive harvesting season, you’ll get to taste fresh and warm extra virgin olive oil, during our olive oil tasting!
Part 2: Visit at the family Oive Grove - Olive harvest (available only in October)
Then you will visit a beautiful olive grove of a small village, located in the west of Messinia, just 10 minutes away from Costa Navarino Bay and Nestor’s Palace. It is the ideal backdrop to unravel the history, tradition and ancient myths of this historical place.
The owners will welcome you with a homemade Greek local breakfast while the olive experience is enriched with a video presentation about the history of olive and olive oil!
Olive grove (April - October) – Experience a guided 30-minute relaxing stroll by the locals through perennial olive trees. During your walk, you’ll get acquainted with different varieties of olive trees in all shapes and of all ages.
Olive harvest (available only in October) – You’ll walk through the olive trees and meet local families as they harvest their own trees. You’ll enjoy the experience of a lifetime either by handpicking olives and placing them directly in a basket or by picking them using a net.
Part 3: Olive Oil Tasting (April - October)
What follows is an interactive olive oil tasting workshop by an olive oil lover! The tasting session includes 2-3 different varieties of extra virgin olive oil, focusing on sensory tasting, defects and positive traits.
Part 4: Light local lunch
Get a taste of traditional, local food, such as lalagia (savoury or sweet looped ribbons of dough), or pasto (cured pork), Kalamata olives, local cheese and enjoy a homemade local light lunch!
Would you like to upgrade your Olive oil tasting experience?
Add one of the following gastronomic activities and feel like a local!
- Cooking class and lunch with a Greek mum
- Bread making and baking in a wood-fired oven
- Sweet pastry workshop and full lunch
- Olive making workshop and full lunch
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide a one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian etc.).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 110,00€ / person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people: 12. For more than 12 people, please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the Olive oil tasting experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Olive oil tour and tasting with 2-3 Greek olive oil varieties by an olive oil taster
- Visit at the Olive oil mill (April - October) depending on availability, closed on weekends.
- Greek breakfast & light lunch
- Greek local delicacies
- Local host / olive oil taster throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Full local lunch (upon request and at an extra charge)
- The Extra experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Personal purchases from the owners' small shop
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove and the estate which is located 1 hour away from Messinia and 20' away from Pylos. Please inform us if you have your own transfer. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: April - October, from Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- Availability of the Olive oil mill: Depending on availability: April - October, Monday to Friday, closed on weekends and after coordination with the owners.
- A guided tour in the archaeological site of Nestor’s Palace can be arranged, upon request and at an extra charge depending on availability.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:00 a.m.
- Languages: English, German & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For booking less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, no refund is given regardless the time but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
blog comments powered by