Cooking class & Lunch in an Organic Farm in Laconia
Giving nature the opportunity to heal itself!
Discover the sustainable farming practices applied at a fully Organic Farm and attend a Farm to table Greek cooking class. Get ready to become one with nature and experience the beauty that this land has to offer!
You will visit an Organic Farm located in a very small village, 150km (90 mi) from Kalamata in Laconia region towards to Sparta.
The Organic Farm produces also olive oil and wine, strictly through sustainable farming practices and techniques. It also operates as a retreat, offering unique experiences, close to nature.
• March to November, excluding Thursdays and Greek official holidays.
• March to October for veggie picking.
The Culinary Experience
Join us for a 4-hour guided tour of the farm from the locals, veggie picking and a Greek cooking class!
Part 1: Short tour of the Organic Farm & veggie picking
Start off with a guided tour by the owners around the facilities of the Organic Farm. You’ll find out all about our sustainable farming methods and techniques at the Organic Farm. You’ll also discover the story and the people behind this great idea. Enjoy also a stroll around the veggie gardens and pick fresh, organic veggies and feel closer to nature than ever!
Part 2: Organic Farm to table Cooking class
Learn how to make delicious traditional meals during a 3-hour cooking class. Assisted by local chefs, who’ll share their experience with you, you’ll get to create 2 appetizers, one main dish and one dessert, using organic produce and the extra virgin olive oil of the Farm.
Part 3: Full Local Lunch
Enjoy your gastronomic creations through a mouthwatering full lunch in the ancient olive grove. All meals are accompanied by the organic wine from the vineyards and unique drinks, such as a very own homemade lemonade.
Extra Experiences (upon request)
Depending on the season, availability and provided time permits, you may participate in extra experiences upon request.
Visit to a Greek Women’s Cooperative
Meet the local women in their workshop and learn how they make their mouthwatering local delicacies following the recipes from their grandmother!
Are you a travel agency or company and looking for a trusted, local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences
or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
- Small, only private experiences of 5-7 guests: 280,00€ / per person
- Min. of guests: 2 - Max. 12.
Contact us to request a price
- For more than 12 people, please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the experiences.
We can also design and provide tailor-made and multi-day experiences in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a personalized gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Cooking class with full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- The Extra experience may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The culinary experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be offered the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the Organic Farm which is located 2 hours away from Kalamata after Sparta. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: March - November, from Monday to Sunday, excluding Thursdays & Greek official holidays.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 08:30 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 7 days before.
- For booking less than 7 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone the experiences due to bad weather. If the tour is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless of cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
||Olive oil seminar & Wine seminar:
blog comments powered by