Cooking Class or Boat ride tour in Messinia
Relax and enjoy nature at its finest at a traditional country retreat!
Choose one of 2 guided tours and discover the beauty of Messinia. Depending on the time of the year, you can choose between a cooking class tour or a boat ride tour. Whatever you choose to do, get ready to be steeped in the local culinary tradition.
You’ll visit a retreat in a beautiful coastal village located in Messinia, 65 km (40 mi) from Kalamata. Surrounded by olive groves, it is the ideal place to enjoy nature at its finest.
The retreat offers something for everyone, from a playground for children to yoga and massage for adults!
The Cooking Class Tour is available from 1 April to 30 September, only on Wednesdays. For the other days, the cooking class is organized in another olive grove after coordination.
The Boat Ride Tour is only available during the 3 summer months (1 June – 31 August).
Official holidays are excluded.
Tour 1 - Cooking Class Tour
Join us for a 3-hour guided tour of the olive groves and a cooking class.
Part 1: Warm welcome by Marina
Marina, the owner of the estate, will welcome you with homemade koulourakia (traditional Greek cookies) and lemonade.
Part 2: Walking Tour of the Olive Groves
You’ll set off on a walking tour of the estate’s olive groves, accompanied by Marina. She’ll tell you all about the concept behind the retreat, the history and gastronomy of the area, and her efforts to preserve the local culinary tradition.
On this last point, she works closely with the Women’s Association of the small village and they recently published a book with local recipes.
Part 3: Cooking Class
Guided by Christina, a local cook, and Marina, you’ll learn how to cook seasonal Messinian recipes and local delicacies, just like mama used to make.
They’ll reveal to you the secrets of the local gastronomy and their recipes, from making your own filo pastry to preparing seasonal salads, local appetizers and main meals.
The dessert is also homemade.
Part 4: Full Lunch
You’ll enjoy a traditional feast with everything you made during the cooking class. Local drinks and wine are also included.
Tour 2 - Boat Ride Tour
Join us for a 5-hour tour that includes a boat ride and a full local lunch. Only available in June, July and August.
Part 1: Arrival at the port of the small village
You'll arrive at the port of the small village and meet your boat captain, Yiannis, who will welcome you with a great smile!
Part 2: Boat Ride to small Islands
You’ll take an amazing boat ride to small islands in Navarino Bay. Along the way, Yiannis will recount the history of the island and the area, while you’ll enjoy the ride.
While there, you can also snorkel, fish or swim in the deep blue, crystal clear waters!
Part 3: Full Lunch at a local estate
Marina, the owner of the estate, will welcome you back with homemade koulourakia (traditional Greek cookies) and lemonade.
You’ll then enjoy a full lunch at the estate’s restaurant, with traditional local delicacies.
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, semi private groups of 5-7 people: 100,00€ / per person (Tour 1: Cooking class & Full lunch)
Small, semi-private groups of 5-7 people: 110,00 € / per person (Tour 2: Boat ride & Full lunch)
Contact us to request a price:
- For individual and family bookings.
- For private tours with less than 5 or groups with more than 7 participants.
- For transfer services or organize your tour and transfer from Athens city.
We can also design and provide private tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese and all over Greece upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience just for you!
Included in the price
- Full local lunch and drinks
- Local treats / bottle of water
- Tour leader
- Public Liability Insurance
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer (optional)
- Availability: The Cooking Class Tour is available from 1 April to 30 September, only on Wednesdays. For the other days, the Cooking class is organized in another olive grove after coordination.
- The Boat Ride Tour is only available during the 3 summer months (1 June – 31 August) Monday to Sunday.
- Official holidays are excluded.
- In all tours, including private and semi-private tours, other travelers may join the boat ride also and visit the country retreat in the olive grove.
- Departure time: 09.00 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accesible 80%.
If you have your own vehicle, you can meet us in Kalamata, and make the tour together with your vehicle!
Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity due to bad weather. If the tour is cancelled, you may choose an alternative date or request a full refund.
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners ... Click here
blog comments powered by