Bike Tour in Kalamata
Pedal away through this beautiful coastal city!
Enjoy a 3-hour bike tour around Kalamata, one of the most beautiful cities of the Peloponnese, and explore its hidden gems. Whether this is your first or umpteenth time here, one thing that’ll surely amaze you is how quickly you can get from one end of the city to the other. Join us with your own bike or let us provide a bike for you.
You’ll cycle around one of the most beautiful coastal cities of the Peloponnese: Kalamata.
You may have been here before, or you may have already been around it on foot or by car, but how about exploring it on a bike, just for something different?
A 5km bike lane starts from the historic centre of the city and ends up at the beautiful awarded beach of Kalamata, making the bike a great way to get around.
Cycling in a laid-back manner and taking in the beautiful scenery, you’ll go past some amazing sights and discover their hidden history.
The Bike Tour highlights include:
- Upper Square / Church of Presentation of Jesus (Ypapanti tou Sotiros)
- St. Constantine and Helen Convent
- 19th century Classical and Neoclassical Buildings
- Old Karelia Tobacco Factory
- Historical and Folklore Museum of Kalamata
- Archaeological Museum / Old Market
- Down Square / Byzantine Church of the Holy Apostles
- Othonos Square and Vasileos Georgiou II Square
- Church of Agios Ioannis o Prodromos (St John the Baptist)
- Cultural Centre – Nikolaos and Regina Pantazopoulou Building
- Kalamata Municipal Railway Park / Open-Air Museum
- Old Flour Mill / Roller Mills
- Customs / Kalamata Port
- Kalamata Beach (Navarinou Street)
The Bike Tour is available Monday-Saturday all-year round.
Official holidays are excluded.
Put on your helmet and get ready to explore the history of Kalamata.
Why tour the city
Each city has a unique identity that makes its stand out. Some are historic and beautiful cities with a rich architectural and cultural legacy, others are more modern, offering the latest amenities and a more contemporary history. Some are perfect for winter getaways, while others are ideal for summer holidays.
Kalamata is a city where its rich history is evident wherever you go, blending in beautifully with the modern way of life and making it the ideal destination and choice whatever you may be looking for!
Our experienced bike rider will guide you through this city, accompanied by a support vehicle at all times.
What you’ll discover
We’ll meet up at the 23rd March Square in Kalamata, in the historic centre. We’ll tour around the small alleys of the city and stop at the sights that interest you.
Naturally, even the most relaxing exercise needs energy. But don’t worry, we’ve thought of everything. We’ll make a quick stop at a shop with traditional, home-made delicacies, so you can get a taste of the rich culinary tradition of this area.
At the end of the bike tour, you’ll have time to do some shopping or enjoy a coffee in one of the many local cafes.
Before we bid our farewells, we’ll give you all the inside tips about where to shop, where to have the most delicious meal and where to have fun in Kalamata. You just need to ask.
To make your experience even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, a hat and sunglasses, as you will spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc.)
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.)
Small groups - Min: 2-4 people: €60,00/per person
Contact us to request a price:
- For individual and family bookings.
- For groups with more than 4 participants.
- For organizing your tour and transfer from Athens.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese and all over Greece upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience just for you!
Included in the price
- 1 city bike per person
- Quality helmet
- Vehicle support
- Baby and child seats (for our younger friends)
- Local snack & bottle of water during the ride
- Experienced bike rider throughout the tour
- Tour leader
- Public Liability insurance
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Personal purchases from local shops
- Hotel pick up within Kalamata (if needed)
- Availability: Monday-Saturday, all-year round, excluding public holidays.
- Departure time: 10:00 am.
- Level: Easy
- The Bike Tour may be combined with a Wine Tasting, the Food Tour & Olive Oil Tasting in Kalamata or a delicious and filling meal at a traditional local eatery, upon request.
- If you have your own bike, we can meet up at the meeting point (23rd March Square) in the centre of Kalamata.
- Tell us about the bike you’d prefer or anything else at email@example.com.
- In the summer months, the Bike Tour may be combined with a short, revitalizing dip in the beautiful beach of Kalamata (Navarinou Street).
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity due to bad weather. If the tour is cancelled, you may choose an alternative date or request a full refund.
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read and send us by email the document below before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners ... Click here
blog comments powered by