Wine Tour & Tasting in an Organic Winery in Arcadia or Nemea
Let your senses guide you through a winery counting nearly 40 years of wine-making tradition!
A 3-hour guided wine experience from the locals, that includes a tour in the vineyards and the winery, the cellars and a wonderful wine tasting! A visit to Kapsia Cave, one of the top ten Greek caves upgrades the whole wine experience depending on the season.
Visit the first certified winery in Arcadia region in Peloponnese to open to the public, taste award-winning wines and discover the secrets of the Greek wine-making tradition.
You will visit a local Estate and an organic winery located at a small village at the foot of Mt Mainalo, located in Arcadia region in Peloponnese, 100 km (60 mi) from Kalamata.
The Estate is a family business, with a wine-making tradition that goes back nearly 40 years. The private vineyards occupy an area of around 30 acres and produce 3 varieties: Moschofilero, Cabernet and Merlot.
The local family use organic methods to produce all their wines, with natural vinification.
- The wine tour experience is available all-year round. Individual parts of the tour may vary, depending on the time of the year.
- Grape harvesting takes place in September and October (depending on availability).
- Greek official holidays are excluded.
The Wine Tour Experience
Join us for a 3-hour guided tour by the locals of a family winery in Arcadia.
Part 1: Tour of the Vineyards (May - November)
Enjoy a tour of the vineyards and find out all about the history and philosophy of organic farming. This part of the experience is only available from May to November.
Part 2: Grape Harvesting (depending on availability - September & October)
Get a first-hand look at the harvesting of organic grapes, straight from the vineyards. Find out all the secrets of traditional winemaking from the local experts.
Part 3: Tour of the Cellars
Take a tour of the wine cellars and discover all the different wine varieties of the beautiful winery!
Part 4: Wine Tasting
Get a taste of the Estate's entire wine range. Immerse yourself in the deep flavours and rich aromas of the 5-7 different wine labels.
Part 5: Petimezi Tasting
Discover the flavoursome and aromatic petimezi (boiled grape must). At the Estate, this traditional Greek product and superfood is produced from organic grapes.
Part 6: Full local Lunch at a village tavern (upon request)
What could be better than conclude your exciting wine experience with a delicious homemade food that includes mouthwatering appetizers, such as traditional pies with eggs, wild greens, Greek salad and local cheeses?
This is followed by a choice of pork cooked in egg-lemon sauce, beef in red sauce served with homemade pasta or oven-baked lamb with potatoes or similar dishes. For dessert, there’s traditional walnut pie with ice cream! Vegan and vegetarian dishes are also available.
Depending on the season and provided time permits, you may participate in extra activities.
Visit to Kapsia Cave
Experience an amazing tour of Kapsia Cave, one of the top ten Greek caves. This cave is known for its complex system of natural sinkholes.
Another feature of the cave is its rare colours (white, yellow, red, green and light blue) and its abundance of stalactites and stalagmites. Neolithic fossils, human bones and skulls, and clay lamps dating back to the 4th and 5th century AD have also been discovered within the cave.
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 135,00 € / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Min. of people: 4 (only from Monday to Friday) – Max. 10. For less than 4 or more than 10 people, please read the Additional info part below.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the wine tour experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Wine tour and wine tasting of 5-7 wine labels
- Tasting of petimezi (Greek superfood)
- Greek local delicacies
- Local hosts throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Light or Full local lunch & drinks at a village tavern (upon request and at an extra charge)
- Personal purchases from the winery (optional)
- Entrance fees for Kapsia Cave (visit upon request)
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 3 days before.
- For bookings less than 3 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone the experience due to bad weather. If the tour is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless of cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners. Click here..
blog comments powered by