Wine & Olive oil tasting in an Organic Farm in Laconia
Giving nature the opportunity to heal itself!
Join us for a 3-hour guided tour of the farm, complete with olive oil and wine tasting and pairing in a fully organic farm while discovering the sustainable farming practices applied by the local owners.
You will visit an Organic Farm located in a very small village, 150km (90 mi) from Kalamata in Laconia region towards to Sparta.
The Organic Farm produces the olive oil and wine, strictly through sustainable farming practices and techniques. It also operates as a retreat, offering unique experiences, close to nature.
March to November, excluding Thursdays and Greek official holidays.
Part 1: Tour of the Vineyards & Olive Groves
Take a majestic stroll through the vineyards and the olive grove. Some of the olive trees have been standing on this land for more than 500 years! You’ll also discover the history and the mentality behind organic farming. The tour of the vineyards is only available May to September.
Part 2: Olive Oil Tasting
Discover the rich taste and texture of fresh, extra virgin olive oil and the Greek olive varieties. This unique olive oil experience will teach you how to distinguish among the various olive oil varieties and choose the best one for your cooking or your dinner table. You’ll also get tips from our resident experts on how to best store your olive oil.
Part 3: Wine Tasting & light lunch
You’ll get to taste 4-5 different labels of natural Greek wines: Agiorgitiko, Avgoustiatis, Athyri, Kydonitsa and Moschofilero. Our wine sommelier will guide you through the whole experience and introduce to you to the magnificent world of organic wines.
Discover varieties unknown outside of Greece and embark on a beautiful journey through the unique Greek terroir. A light lunch with local delicacies will accompany your wine tasting.
Extra Experiences (upon request)
Depending on the season, availability and provided time permits, you may participate in extra experiences upon request.
Visit to the Museum of the Olive and Greek Olive Oil in Sparta
Take a tour in the modern Museum and learn everything about the history of Olive oil and olives from antiquity until today!
Are you a travel agency or company and looking for a trusted, local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences
or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
- Small, only private experiences of 5-7 people: 210,00€ / person
- Min. of people: 2 - Max.: 12.
Contact us to request a price
- Max. of people: 12. For more than 12 people, please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made and multi-day experiences in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at email@example.com and together we’ll come up with a personalized gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Wine tour & tasting of 4-5 wine labels
- Olive oil tour & tasting of 3-4 olive oil varieties
- Light lunch with wine
- Greek local delicacies and drinks
- Local host / wine and olive oil sommelier throughout the experiences
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- The Extra experience may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The wine and olive oil tasting experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be offered the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the Organic farm which is located in a small village in Laconia, 2 hours away from Kalamata after Sparta. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: March - November, from Monday to Sunday, excluding Thursdays & Greek official holidays.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 08:30 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 7 days before.
- For booking less than 7 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless the cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
||Olive oil seminar & Wine seminar:
blog comments powered by