Cooking Class & Lunch in an Olive Grove in Messinia
Indulge yourselves with a one of kind Greek cooking class and an olive grove as your backdrop!
Attend an authentic cooking class in an olive grove and combine it with a unique bread making experience. Find out all the culinary secrets from a Greek mum who will share with you age-old recipes!
You will visit an olive grove located in a small village 50km (31 mi) from Kalamata in Messinia region, Peloponnese, towards Pylos coastal town, just 10' away from Costa Navarino resort.
April - October, Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
The Culinary Experience
Join us for 3 hour cooking class experience and feast on a mouthwatering full traditional lunch among olive trees!
Part 1: Arrival at the grove - Warm welcome
Visit a beautiful family olive grove of a small village, located in the west of Messinia, just 10 minutes away from Costa Navarino Bay and Nestor’s Palace. It is the ideal backdrop to unravel the history, tradition and ancient myths of this historical place.
The owners will welcome you with homemade local delicacies while they will narrate you the whole story behind their efforts.
Part 2: Bread making in a Wood-Fired Oven
Make your own bread from scratch along with a Greek mum and bake it in a traditional wooden fired oven. Smell the unbeatable aroma of the freshly baked bread and enjoy it with your lunch! There is also the possibility, instead of bread to make another Greek pastry delicacy like a Greek seasonal pita (pie)!
Part 3: Cooking class
During a fantastic cooking class, a traditional Greek mum will show you how to make Greek appetizers and food like gemista (stuffed tomatoes and peppers with rice and fresh herbs), tyropita (cheese pie), lamb or pork cooked in the stone fired oven, Greek salad or other seasonal recipes using the freshest of ingredients.
Of course as you may already know, there are plenty food choices also for vegetarians and vegans in the Mediterranean and Greek cuisine so not to worry about; just let us know!
The mum will tell you stories about how, in the olden days, they used to make the hilopites (Greek egg pasta) and trachana (Greek fermented milk pasta) only during summer, to last them all through the winter months.
Part 4: Full traditional lunch
Food is finally ready! Enjoy a full, delicious lunch with everything you made during the Cooking class and feel proud for yourself and your efforts accompanied with a lots of Greek wine!
Extra Experiences (upon request)
Depending on availability, you may also choose to participate in extra experiences upon request.
Olive oil tasting experience (45’)
Enjoy an exciting olive oil tasting experience while your delicious food is being baked in the wood-fired oven!
Sweet pastry making session (45')
You’ll have the chance to experience a unique sweet pastry making session, guided by the local mum, and make one of the emblematic delicacies of Messinia.
Table Olive-Making Workshop
In this 45' family friendly workshop, a Greek mum will show you how to make the famous Kalamata table olives, step by step.
Are you a travel agency or company and looking for a trusted, local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian etc.).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 160,00€ / person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people: 12. For more than 12 people, please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the Culinary experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at email@example.com and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Cooking class, full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- The Extra experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Personal purchases from the owner's small shop (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- The culinary experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the olive grove which is located 1 hour away from Kalamata and 20' away from Pylos. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: April - October, from Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- A guided tour in the archaeological site of Nestor’s Palace can be arranged, upon request and at an extra charge depending on availability.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:30 a.m.
- Languages: English, German & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For booking less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the Culinary experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, there is no refund regardless the cancellation status but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of Mama's flavours gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners. Click here...
blog comments powered by