Cooking Class and Lunch in an Eco Farm in Messinia
Arts and nature come together for a relaxing experience, steeped in culture!
A 5-hour tour to discover rural living at its best and explore the rich cultural heritage of the region. You’ll get the chance to pick fresh fruit and vegetables, feed the animals, participate in a cooking class and enjoy a mouthwatering Greek feast.
And if that’s not enough, there’s a host of extra activities for those of you who are true nature lovers.
You will visit an Eco Farm located in a small village just 15 km (10 mi) from Kalamata, in Messinia region, Peloponnese.
The Eco Farm is a multi-functional eco and cultural farm, an arts and educational centre, and a treehouse resort. Complete with an amphitheatre, it has become the key entertainment hub in the region.
Built on 1.3 acres of land, this unique farm combines arts with nature in the most traditional way, taking you on a journey from antiquity to modern times.
- From 20 May to 31 October, excluding Greek official holidays.
- May to October for veggie picking.
The Eco Farm Experience
Join us for a 5-hour guided tour by the locals and discover some of the secrets of the Greek cuisine!
Part 1: Tour of the Eco Farm
You’ll tour all the facilities of the Eco Farm, including the amphitheatre, the crops, the animal farm and the vegie garden. Enjoy a leisurely stroll, explore every corner of the farm and marvel at the unique treehouses, built from all-natural materials.
Stop at the quaint, stone-built amphitheatre and learn all about the evolution of the theatre in Ancient Greece. Experience rural life at its best by feeding the animals and picking fresh fruit and vegies (fruit and vegie picking in only available from May to October).
Throughout the tour, you’ll get the chance to enjoy local delicacies, Mt Taygetos tea or homemade lemonade!
Part 2: Greek Cooking Class experience
Discover the secrets of traditional homemade food, based on local recipes, just like mama used to make.
A local cook will guide you through the experience and unravel the mysteries of the Greek cuisine. You’ll learn how to make and bake bread in a wood-fire oven, and prepare homemade food and local delicacies in the Eco Farm’s open-air kitchen!
Part 3: Traditional Local Feast
Get a taste of freshly baked bread, a home-cooked Mediterranean meal and tasty snacks prepared by you in the Eco Farm’s open-air kitchen. All ingredients are from the Eco Farm and other local producers.
The meal includes appetizers, main and dessert, accompanied by Greek wine, soft drinks, Greek coffee or tea.
Part 4: Stroll through the Village (if time permits)
Enjoy a stroll through the small cobblestone lanes, immerse yourself in the local culture and find out the local history of the small village.
Extra Experiences (upon request)
Depending on the season and provided time permits, you may participate in extra experiences.
Hike to the Tower of Kapetanakis
Listen to the beautiful sounds of nature, follow the footpath through the woods and discover the stone-built Tower of Kapetanakis, located at the top of Petrovouni Hill, near the village Charavgi.
Built in the late 1700s, it played a pivotal role in the Greek Revolution in 1821. The architecture is quite interesting and the Tower has been well preserved through time. Nowadays, it is one of the most famous towers in Mani.
This activity is only available from March to October.
Woodcraft & Sculpture Workshop
Attend a woodcraft or a sculpture workshop and make your own creations with experienced teachers. Our little friends may attend a pottery workshop, taking their creations with them when they leave.
Essential Oil Preparation Workshop
If you’re into essential oils, this is the activity for you. Immerse yourself in the aromas of herbs from Mt Taygetos, renowned for its unique biodiversity and flora across Europe!
Visit to the Vineyards & Wine Tasting
Visit local vineyards and taste red or white Messinian wine and participate in a wine tasting event, with local wines from the Peloponnese. This activity is only available in August and September.
Visit to the Olive Oil Mill & Olive oil tasting
Take a stroll through an olive grove and visit the local olive oil mill, where olive oil is produced in the traditional way, with stone presses. And what better way to end our visit than tasting Messinian olive oil and Kalamata olives through an exciting olive oil tasting!
This activity is only available from March to September.
Visit to a Honey Bee Farm
Visit a honey bee farm in the small village and taste pure, golden Greek mountain honey straight from the beehive and learn all about the honey-making craft from experienced local beekeepers.
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events to your travelers?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5-7 people: 130,00 € / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Min. of people: 6 - Max. 12. For more than 12 people please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the culinary experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at email@example.com and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Cooking class and full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies, wine and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- The Extra experiences may be provided upon request, depending on availability and at an extra charge
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- The culinary experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, it can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the Eco Farm, which is located 20' away from Kalamata, in a small semi-mountainous village. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday, excluding Greek official holidays.
- Other travelers, not Mama's flavours guests, may also be at the Eco farm.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09.00 a.m.
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accesible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 3 days before.
- For booking less than 3 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone the culinary experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, no refund is given regardless the time but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building event.
When you, our guest, book one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
blog comments powered by