Bike Τour and Lunch in Kalamata Messinia
Pedal away through this beautiful coastal city!
Enjoy a 3-hour bike tour experience around Kalamata in Messinia region, one of the most beautiful cities of the Peloponnese, and explore its hidden gems.
Whether this is your first or umpteenth time here, one thing that’ll surely amaze you is how quickly you can get from one end of the city to the other. Join us with your own bike or let us provide a bike for you.
You’ll cycle around one of the most beautiful coastal cities of the Peloponnese: Kalamata. You may have been here before, or you may have already been around it on foot or by car, but how about exploring it on a bike, just for something different?
A 5km bike lane starts from the historic centre of the city and ends up at the beautiful awarded beach of Kalamata, making the bike a great way to get around.
The Bike tour experience is available Monday-Sunday, all-year round, either in the mornings or in the evenings. Official holidays are excluded.
The Bike tour experience
Put on your helmet and get ready to explore the history of Kalamata accompanied by our experienced bike rider!
Maria, our passionate food lover and local host, will be waiting for you at the beautiful square 23rd March Square (Πλ. 23ης Μαρτίου) in front of the Byzantine Church of the Holy Apostles (Αγιοι Απόστολοι) in the historical centre of Kalamata.
Why tour the city
Each city has a unique identity that makes its stand out. Some are historic and beautiful cities with a rich architectural and cultural legacy, others are more modern, offering the latest amenities and a more contemporary history. Some are perfect for winter getaways, while others are ideal for summer holidays.
Kalamata is a city where its rich history is evident wherever you go, blending in beautifully with the modern way of life and making it the ideal destination and choice whatever you may be looking for!
What you’ll discover
Naturally, even the most relaxing exercise needs energy. But don’t worry, we’ve thought of everything. If you wish, we can make a quick stop at a shop with traditional, home-made delicacies, so you can get a taste of the rich culinary tradition of this area.
Some of the Bike Tour highlights:
- Upper Square / Church of Presentation of Jesus (Ypapanti tou Sotiros)
- St. Constantine and Helen Convent
- 19th century Classical and Neoclassical Buildings
- Old Karelia Tobacco Factory
- Historical and Folklore Museum of Kalamata
- Archaeological Museum / Old Market
- Down Square / Byzantine Church of the Holy Apostles
- Othonos Square and Vasileos Georgiou II Square
- Church of Agios Ioannis o Prodromos (St John the Baptist)
- Cultural Centre – Nikolaos and Regina Pantazopoulou Building
- Kalamata Municipal Railway Park / Open-Air Museum
- Old Flour Mill / Roller Mills
- Customs / Kalamata Port
- Kalamata Beach (Navarinou Street)
During the bike tour, you’ll have time to do some shopping and at the end you may wish to enjoy a mouthwatering local lunch in one of the cosiest Coffee Shop-Cum-Ouzo taverns in Kalamata.
Before we bid our farewells, we’ll give you all the inside tips about where to shop, where to have the most delicious meal and where to have fun in Kalamata. You just need to ask!
Are you a travel agency or company and are looking for a trusted local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide a one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your experience even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, a hat and sunglasses, as you will spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc.)
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.)
Small, private groups of 4 people: €65,00 / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Max. of people: 4.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the Bike tour experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Experienced local bike rider throughout the tour
- 1 city bike per person
- Quality helmet
- Baby and child seats (for our younger friends)
- Local delicacies, fresh juice or coffee & bottle of water during the ride
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Light or full local lunch (upon request and at an extra charge)
- Personal purchases from local shops (optional)
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The Bike tour experience may be enriched with any of the following experiences: Wine Tasting, an Olive oil or a Honey tasting, the Traditional Food Tour, upon request and at an extra charge.
- Availability: Monday - Sunday, all-year round, excluding public holidays.
- The bike tour experience takes place either in the mornings or in the evenings after coordination.
- Meeting point and time: At the beautiful square in the historical centre of Kalamata, 23rd March Square (Πλ. 23ης Μαρτίου) in front of Byzantine Church of the Holy Apostles (Αγιοι Απόστολοι) in the historical centre of Kalamata. at 09:00 a.m.
- Level: Easy.
- If you have your own bike, we can meet up at the meeting point (23rd March Square).
- In the summer months, the Bike Tour may be combined with a short, revitalizing dip in the beautiful beach of Kalamata (Navarinou Street).
- Languages: English & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 2 days before.
- For less than 2 days or last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama's flavours reserves the right to postpone the bike tour experience due to bad weather. If the tour is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date and after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, no refund is given regardless the time but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide to our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. That is why we always prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building event.
When you, our guest, are interested in one or more of our gastronomic experiences, the day is exclusively dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners. Click here..
blog comments powered by