Olive oil tasting in Messinia
Open up your senses, taste with your mind and soul, and feel the extra virgin olive oil!
A 3-hour guided olive oil tour that includes a visit of a small village, a walk through an olive grove and an olive oil tasting workshop.
You will visit a small village in Messinia, 50km (31 mi) outside Kalamata, towards Pylos coastal town.
The Olive oil experience is the outcome of a local couple for olive oil, nature and the land of Messinia. Their dreams found a home in a small village in Messinia, in their olive grove and the flavour of extra virgin olive oil.
Nowadays, their mission is to introduce visitors to the wonderful world of olive oil and help them get a taste of Messinia.
Join us for a 3-hour guided tour of the wonderful land of Messinia and its perennial olive trees.
Part 1: Arrival at the grove - Warm welcome
Visit a beautiful olive grove of a small village, located in the west of Messinia, just 10 minutes from Costa Navarino Bay and Nestor’s Palace.
It is the ideal backdrop to unravel the history, tradition and ancient myths of this historical place.
The owners will welcome you with a homemade Greek local breakfast and the olive experience is enriched with a video presentation about the history of olive and olive oil!
Part 2: Olive Harvest or Olive Grove
Olive harvest (available October - November) – You’ll walk through the olive trees and meet local families as they harvest their own trees.
You’ll enjoy the experience of a lifetime either by handpicking olives and placing them directly in a basket or by picking them using a net.
Olive grove (all year round) – Experience a guided 30-minute relaxing stroll through perennial olive trees. During your walk, you’ll get acquainted with different varieties of olive trees in all shapes and of all ages.
Part 3: Olive Oil Tasting (all year round)
What follows is an interactive olive oil tasting workshop by an olive oil lover! The tasting session includes 3 different varieties of extra virgin olive oil, focusing on sensory tasting, defects and positive traits.
Discover also the main principles of food pairing and find out which olive oil you like most!
Part 4: Light lunch or full local lunch (optional)
Get a taste of traditional, local food, such as lalagia (savoury or sweet looped ribbons of dough), pasto (cured pork), Kalamata olives, or enjoy a homemade full local lunch!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian etc.).
Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, semi-private groups of 5-7 people: 80,00€ / person
Contact us to request a price:
- For individual and family bookings.
- For private tours with less than 5 or for groups with more than 7 participants.
- For transfer services or organize your tour and transfer from Athens city.
We can also design and provide private tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese and all over Greece upon request.
Drop us a line at email@example.com and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience just for you!
Included in the price
- Local treats / bottle of water
- Tour leader
- Public Liability Insurance
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer (optional)
- The olive oil tasting can be combined with: A cooking class with a Greek mum or bread making and baking in a wood fired oven, or a Greek pastry workshop or a table olive making, upon request & availability.
- Max. of people for the Cooking class: 8.
- A guided tour in Nestor’s Palace can be arranged, upon request & availability.
- Availability: Monday to Sunday, excluding public holidays.
- Departure time: 09:00 a.m.
- Languages: English, German & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
If you have your own vehicle, you can meet us in Kalamata, and make the tour together with your vehicle!
Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone or cancel the activity due to bad weather. If the tour is cancelled, you may choose an alternative date or request a full refund.
- Full refund or scheduling of next available tour for cancellations 8 days before the tour.
- 50% refund for cancellations 3 to 7 days before the tour.
- No refund for cancellations less than 3 days before the tour.
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners... Click here
blog comments powered by