Cooking Class & Lunch in a Country Retreat in Messinia
Relax and enjoy nature at its finest at a traditional country retreat!
Discover the local gastronomy of Messinia through an exciting Greek cooking class experience and get ready to be steeped in the local culinary tradition.
You’ll visit a country retreat in a beautiful coastal village located 65 km (40 mi) from Kalamata and 30' away from Pylos coastal town, in Messinia region, Peloponnese.
Just 15' away from Costa Navarino resort and surrounded by olive groves, it is the ideal place to enjoy nature at its finest.
The Greek Cooking Class experience is available from 1 April to 20 September. Official holidays are excluded.
Greek Cooking Class Experience
Join us for a 3-hour tour of the olive groves and a cooking class.
Part 1: Warm welcome
The local owner of the estate will welcome you with homemade, traditional Greek treats!
Part 2: Walking Tour of the Olive Groves
You’ll set off on a short walking tour of the estate’s olive groves and you will listen and learn all you all about the concept behind the estate, the history and gastronomy of the area, and the efforts to preserve the local culinary tradition.
Part 3: Greek Cooking Class with local chef
Guided by a local cook, and Maria, you’ll learn how to cook seasonal Messinian recipes and local delicacies, just like mama used to make.
They’ll reveal to you the secrets of the local gastronomy and their recipes, from making your own filo pastry to preparing seasonal salads, local appetizers and main meals. The dessert is also homemade.
Part 4: Full local lunch at the retreat
You’ll enjoy a traditional feast with everything you made during the cooking class with local drinks and wine!
Are you a travel agency or company and looking for a trusted, local partner?
Do you wish to build a mutual, fruitful collaboration and would like to provide one of a kind gastronomic experiences or team building events?
You can contact us and organize it for you in the best way possible!
To make your visit even more memorable, here are some tips:
- Wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you’ll spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
- Notify us of any special dietary needs (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc).
- Notify us of any allergies (e.g. food allergies, allergies to bees, etc.).
Small, private groups of 5 people: 140,00€ / per person
Contact us to request a price:
- Min. of people: 5. Max. of people: 10. For less than 5 or more than 10 people, please contact us.
- For transfer services or organize your transfer from Athens city or any other place in Peloponnese and join the Culinary experience.
We can also design and provide tailor-made tours and multi-day tours in the region of Peloponnese upon request.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we’ll come up with a tailor-made gastronomic experience
just for you!
Included in the price
- Cooking class, full local lunch
- Greek local delicacies and drinks
- Local hosts / local chef throughout the experience
- All taxes
Excluded from the price
- Tips & gratuities (optional)
- Transfer services may be provided upon request and at an extra charge
- The culinary experience is provided upon request and depending on availability. In case there is no availability for the day you are interested, the experience can be conducted the next available date or choose another similar available experience after coordination.
- Transfer is needed to visit the country retreat which is located 1 hour away from Kalamata and 30' away from Pylos. Please inform us if you have your own vehicle. In other case, we can arrange it with our partners at an extra cost.
- Availability: April – 20 September, from Monday to Sunday, excluding public holidays.
- A guided tour in the archaeological site of Nestor’s Palace can be arranged, upon request and at an extra charge depending on availability.
- Meeting point and time: In front of the Port Authority Offices in Kalamata at 09:00 a.m.
- Languages: English, German & Greek. Other languages can be provided at an extra charge.
- Family friendly.
- Wheelchair accessible 80%.
Bookings & payment
- Bookings: In order to organize your experience in the best way, the booking and the full payment must be made the latest 3 days before.
- For booking less than 3 days and for last minute requests, please contact us via email to check availability.
- When the booking and the transaction are completed, the experience is officially confirmed by Mama's flavours through email.
- All payments can be made through our booking engine, bank transfer (you can contact us via email for this option) or Paypal.
- Cash is not accepted.
- Mama’s flavours reserves the right to postpone the Culinary experience due to bad weather. If it is postponed, no refund is given but, the experience is conducted the next available date after coordination.
- For cancellations from our guests, no refund is given regardless the time but, you may choose a next available date.
- All sales final.
Mama's flavours philosophy
Our scope is to provide our guests - travelers a high quality personalized and authentic local experience that goes above and beyond their expectations. For this reason, we prefer to organize private experiences to couples, friends and families. This applies also for larger groups for e.g. a group of friends or a team building events.
When you, our guest, book one or more of Mama's flavours gastronomic experiences, the day is dedicated to you, your friends and your beloved ones. With this way, we enjoy a beautiful day together and at the end we say goodbye as friends!
Mama’s Flavours Health Measures & Guidelines for Travelers & Partners
Please read carefully this document before your booking.
Mama’s flavours is committed to caring for the health and well-being of its travelers and its partners. The following text specifies necessary health measures and guidelines that must be followed by all travelers and Mama’s flavours partners. Click here...
blog comments powered by